Products for cigarette filter rod making
The PFH2000/GFH2000 represents the latest adhesive system suitable for fitment to
the Hauni KDF2 and other filter plug makers.
The system employs Kaymich's established and proven technology used in cigarette side seam applications and is available in either a pump or gravity fed.
PFH2000/GFH2000 Filter rod adhesive system
- Easy valve setting with horizontal and vertical adjustment.
- Gravity or pump feed hot melt application with adhesive application proportional to machine speed.
- Independent control of hot melt temperature to header tank, heated hose and hot melt applicator.
- Modular back plate enables multiple configurations including hot melt side sea, supplementary PVA for lap security and tow retention in single line, multiple line and spray 'swirl' options.
- Retracting rollers provide easy access for paper threading.
productivity. Reduced hot melt bleed through, particularly with porous
plug wrap paper, results in fewer stoppages due to contamination on the
- Improves quality. More consistent rod
diameter is achieved as a result of using less adhesive - only as much
as the paper needs.
- Reduces costs. Up to 40% saving in hot melt adhesive consumption is achieved by converting from a
standard pump to the Kaymich gravity fed system.
PFH2000/GFH2000 represents the latest adhesive application system from Kaymich,
suitable for fitment to a wide range of plugmakers.
system features a simplified backplate that allows for micro adjustment
and positioning of adhesive lines, and nozzle to paper. The hot
melt applicator incorporates a stainless steel 'bellows type' seal,
eliminating the wear and maintenance problems associated with sliding
seals. The backplate features retracting pins, paper sensor and
miniaturised tow retention applicators.
latest electronic technology is used in the controller, giving digital
temperature read out and multi function alarms. Simplified front panel
layout with icons, membrane switches and overheat protection.
basic components - heated tank, hose, and control module, the PFH2000/GFH2000
can be set up for various application formats using the hot melt and
Suitable for fitment to the
The Kaymich PFH2000/GFH2000 is fitted as standard equipment to all ITM filter
all other machines please call Kaymich
Dry, filtered, non lubricated compressed
air, 60 to 100 psi / 4 to 7 bar.
Consumption - 50-65
ml/stop or start (3 to 4 cubic inches).
Voltage - 220/240 Vac @ 50 to 60 Hz
Current - 10 amps
Hot melt adhesive
Characteristics - high tack, fast setting
Viscosity - 2000 centipoise recommended, in the range of 1000 to 5000 centipoise.
Aqueous dispersion adhesive
- Synthetic resin emulsion.
Viscosity - 1000
centipoise recommended in the range 150 to 1500 centipoise.
Solids content - within the range of 45% to 55%.
For adhesive grade recommendations please contact your normal supplier.
- Speed - up to 625 rod metres/minute(gravity) and 1000 rod metres/minute (pump.)
melt tank capacity - 5kgs.
- Melt rate - 4kg/hour
dispersion tank capacity - 5 litres.
Top of page
FTS2000 filter tow spray application system
The FTS2000 is designed to apply
a wide coverage of adhesive without
significantly reducing the paper coresta or affecting rod quality and
The design of the valve produces a unique swirl pattern of adhesive as
it is applied ensuring excellent plug security.
- Flexible diaphragm eliminates sliding seals
- ratchet style adjuster for easy setting
- Unique spray air cap
design produces a distinctive spray pattern
quality. Improved method of adhesive application eliminates ridges of
adhesive from the filter rod, improving diameter control and filter
- Increases security. The application of
adhesive over a wider area increases anchorage to the plug wrap thereby
- Increases productivity.
Particularly when running high coresta paper, reduced machine
contamination decreases stoppage for cleaning, increasing productivity.
costs. Decreases the reduction of filter ventilation that normally
occurs during application of solid adhesive lines. Therefore, a lower
grade, less expensive coresta paper may be used to achieve the same
spray tow retention system
- System range: FTS2000
The FTS2000 is designed to
apply aqueous dispersion adhesive to filter plug wrap paper. The
FTS2000 is extremely flexible and can be easily adapted to a wide range
of filter types from standard mono-acetate tow, to multi-segment
Adhesive can be applied in various
patterns to the paper via a non-contacting spray valve. The width of
the pattern is variable but is normally set at 10mm wide.
for fitment to the following machines:
filter plug makers and combiners|
FTS2000 is offered as an optional extra, suitable for
all filter plug makers & combiners|
All filter plug makers and combiners.|
All filter plug makers and combiners.|
- Dry, filtered, non-lubricated compressed
air, 60 to 100 psi (4 to 7 bar).
- Electrical voltage - 12 Vdc, 24Vdc or 110Vac (other voltages on request).
- Electrical power - 5 Watts
- CE compliant]
- Type - Synthetic resin
- 500 to 1500 centipoise
- Solids content - 20% to 50%
adhesive grade recommendations please contact your regular supplier.
Top of page